Difference between revisions of "Template:Group Discussion MH"
|Line 49:||Line 49:|
Revision as of 15:12, 21 April 2011
- This is the week before the mid-session break.
- In the lab this week we will have an opportunity to discuss any issues which are slowing progress on your project.
- The Thursday of the week beginning 02 May will be when all projects will be open to Peer Assessment.
- What you have on your page by Thursday of that week will be the content that others in the class will comment upon.
- I see many groups now have subsection titles for their projects.
- Here are some searches: Pubmed search all databases junction | PLoS junction | JCB junction You can now simply put your own search term into each top window.
- Now's the time to get your images, movies, media etc uploaded. Biomed central | JCB | JCB Archive | PLoS. Once uploaded you can make a gallery on either your project or discussion page using <gallery>File:name here</gallery> tags with your image files listed between the tags. When you upload project images, add this text as it appears replacing # with your own Group number to the summary information [[Category:2011Project#]].
- Shown below are the criteria that will be used to assess your final project.
Group Assessment Criteria
- The key points relating to the topic that your group was allocated are clearly described.
- The choice of content, headings and sub-headings, diagrams, tables, graphs show a good understanding of the topic area.
- Content is correctly cited and referenced.
- The wiki has an element of teaching at a peer level using the student’s own innovative diagrams, tables or figures and/or using interesting examples or explanations.
- Evidence of significant research relating to basic and applied sciences that goes beyond the formal teaching activities.
- Relates the topics and content of the Wiki entry to learning aims of cell biology.
- Clearly reflects on editing/feedback from group peers and articulates how the Wiki could be improved (or not) based on peer comments/feedback. Demonstrates an ability to review own work when criticised in an open edited wiki format. Reflects on what was learned from the process of editing a peer’s wiki.
- Evaluates own performance and that of group peers to give a rounded summary of this wiki process in terms of group effort and achievement.
- The content of the wiki should demonstrate to the reader that your group has researched adequately on this topic and covered the key areas necessary to inform your peers in their learning.
- Develops and edits the wiki entries in accordance with this sites wiki guidelines.
By Week 5
Each Group member has added to the discussion page:
- A Review Article
- A Historic Research Article
- A Current Research Article
No two students should add the same paper and there should be a link to the original article.
Wnt signaling and the BBB. Depiction of the primary constituents of the tight junction (TJ) and the adherens junction (AJ) at the interface between endothelial cell plasma membranes. Activation of Wnt receptors FZD and LRP5/6 inhibits GSK3 to stabilize β-catenin that in turn enters the nucleus to activate T cell factor (TCF)–dependent transcription. This drives Cldn3 gene activation either directly or indirectly (dashed line arrow), and the resulting Cldn protein reinforces the tight junction. JAM, junctional adhesion molecule.
© 2008 Polakis This article is distributed under the terms of an Attribution–Noncommercial–Share Alike–No Mirror Sites license for the first six months after the publication date (see http://www.jcb.org/misc/terms.shtml). After six months it is available under a Creative Commons License (Attribution–Noncommercial–Share Alike 3.0 Unported license, as described at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/).
- Published October 27, 2008 // JCB vol. 183 no. 3 371-373 The Rockefeller University Press, doi: 10.1083/jcb.200810040 © 2008 Polakis
- Note - This image was originally uploaded as part of a student project and may contain inaccuracies in either description or acknowledgements. Please contact the site coordinator if the uploaded content does not meet the original copyright permission or requirements, for immediate removal.
haha can we make sure it doesn't have any inaccuracies? I like the pic, especially that it relates to BBB :)