Talk:Independent Learning Projects
Despite the prevalence and significant burden of delirium, knowledge of its pathophysiology is limited. The physiological and molecular pathways from diverse causal factors to the core features of delirium are a fundamental research issue. A common pathway of pathogenesis is suggested by the stereotyped clinical presentation of delirium, despite the numerous potential causes.
autoclave is a device to sterilize equipment and supplies by subjecting them to high pressure steam at 121° C or more.
Homo sapiens complex locus ORM1 and ORM2, encoding orosomucoid 1 and orosomucoid 2.
MIM ID *138600MGI OROSOMUCOID 1; ORM1
- serum protein, also called orosomucoid
- monomer about 210 amino acid residues long
- amino acid sequence has been determined through 192 amino acids
- Variants have been demonstrated in the blood of normal Caucasians and Japanese (Schmid et al., 1965). Johnson et al. (1969) presented twin and family data supporting the view that 3 phenotypes, SS, FF and FS, are determined by 2 codominant alleles.
- gene for orosomucoid was assigned to the end of the long arm of chromosome 9
- Yuasa et al. (1997) noted that in plasma, ORM proteins are presented as a mixture of ORM1 and ORM2 proteins in a molar ratio of 3:1, respectively.