Talk:2011 Group 5 Project
--Mark Hill 17:18, 30 March 2011 (EST) OK Group 5, You and Group 6 are the only groups that have begun your project work, well done! Though I can only see contributions from Z3218657 and Z3292208.This search should get you started with the references Search Pubmed: Adherens Junction
Ok guys so 2 of you emailed me back about changing the topic, so if we choose the last topic offered Adherens Junctions I thought this might be good lay out:
1. Introduction What are Adherens junctions in cells? What types of proteins constitute these? Where in the cell do they occur? What is the function of these junctions (brief)?
2. Function/importance of Adherens Junctions What are the main functions of these junctions, explained in detail one by one. Can the body live or function properly without these?
3. Formation of Adherens Junctions How do these junctions form, what are the steps of development. E.g first step: the organization of actin filaments ..etc.
4. Other types of cell junctions Comparison of these to other cell junctions, maybe in a table with some pictures of each.
5. Current associated research Is there any research being conducted presently about these junctions?
6. External links
Ah i see good idea! I moved it around so it makes more sense now! --Sally Clarke 09:28, 30 March 2011 (EST)
Hey lots of articles! cool ill check them out today. also add stuff to the top of the discussion page so when we look at it we dont have to scroll all the way down to the bottom :)
--z3292208 09:27, 30 March 2011 (EST)
Hey Tegan, This looks great. I found some good articles about it as well.
This one is great Endothelial adherens junctions and the actin cytoskeleton: an 'infinity net'? - Free to re-use information and images
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1741-7007/8/11 - Free to re-use information and images
The role of adherens junctions and VE-cadherin in the control of vascular permeability. I can see full article but can't find copyright info.
I would like to do number 5 - current research adn maybe 2. There are only 5 topics and there are 4 of us so I'm going to keep looking around and see if we can add any more.
--Sally Clarke 09:21, 30 March 2011 (EST)
So we should split up the sections if you guys think this layout is ok, I wouldnt mind doing 1 and 4. Tegan.
--z3292208 18:39, 29 March 2011 (EST)
Hey guys as Mark said this is a new topic so we might have trouble finding information on it, I reckon we should look at doing something else then because we'll need lots of references to make the page.
The last topic there is Adherens Junctions.
What do you guys think?
--z3292208 12:52, 27 March 2011 (EST)