File:Elastic Fibre Assembly.jpg
Elastic_Fibre_Assembly.jpg (719 × 547 pixels, file size: 102 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Elastic Fibre Assembly Process
1) Tropoelastin transported to assembly sites on cell surface with assistance with Lysyl Oxidase. Aggregation of Tropoelastin with regulation with Fibulin-4 which facilitates the cross-linking of molecules
2) Aggregates remain on cell surface while new elastin is added to increase the size
3) Transfer of aggregates to extracellular microfibrils which interact with the cell through integrins
4) Elastin aggregates on microfibrils coalesce into larger structures
5) Elastin aggregates are cross-linked by LOX to form a complete elastic fibre
Based upon the image by Jessica E. Wagenseil and Robert P. Mecham <pubmed>18228265</pubmed>
"Beginning six months after publication, I z3374116 grant the public the non-exclusive right to copy, distribute, or display the Work under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license, as described at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ and http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/legalcode."
- Note - This image was originally uploaded as part of a student project and may contain inaccuracies in either description or acknowledgements. Please contact the site coordinator if the uploaded content does not meet the original copyright permission or requirements, for immediate removal.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||17:07, 4 May 2015||719 × 547 (102 KB)||Z3374116||Hand-drawn image of the Elastic Fibre Assembly process|