- I found the membrane of the nucleus to be interesting. I always thought the nucleus membrane was impermeable, so finding out there were pores was interesting.
- The mRNA doesn't leave the nucleus until it has matured, and that it is extremely unstable, and as a result is one of the main reasons for There being a cell nucleus in eukaryotes.
- Link to home page of the confocal microscope (UNSW) 
- Link to the home page of the Electron microscope unit (UNSW) 
- Proteins are made in the lumen and are only allowed into the cytoplasm with a membrane. I'm not sure what the proper reason for this is, Is it to protect the protein, or to prevent the poteins from makig chages to the cytoplasm.
- I found the golgi apparatus pretty interesting. I did not know that each of the compartments were different sizes and that they do not touch.