This page allows 2013 Students to access their own specific wiki page.
- Please note that all changes including additions, deletions and edits are logged by the wiki using the identity set by your preferences.
- For individual projects, specific comments about the course and for your own use, each student has their own wiki page using their student number as a title for the page.
- Hint - you can quickly get directly to your own page on your own home computer by adding your student number to this link http://cellbiology.med.unsw.edu.au/cellbiology/index.php?title=User: and then bookmarking.
- Project Referencing information on how to add a reference list to your page. Hint look at the page in edit mode to see how the page is formatted to get a reference list. I also do prefer the formatting as it appears on the PubMed website, as you can copy and paste.
I remind all students of UNSW course attendance requirements.
- "If students attend less than eighty per cent of their possible classes they may be refused final assessment."
Listed below is only a brief description of the lab assessment, use the links to see full details of assessment requirements (found on the specific practical pages). Individual Assessment Results
- Lab 1 Assessment
- Lab 2 Assessment
- On your own student page and the Lab 1 uploaded image update the reference using the Pubmed formatting shown in the practical class tutorial (see also 2013 Group Test Project).
- Identify a recent research article (not review) that uses either confocal microscopy or super-resolution microscopy as one of the study's techniques. Explain briefly (1 paragraph) how the microscopy technique specifically contributed to the article's findings.
- Lab 3 Assessment
- Select 4 reference papers related to your selected topic sub-section. Read these papers and write a brief description of their findings and relevance to the selected topic sub-section. The reference along with your description should then be pasted on both your group discussion page and your own personal page.
- Select an image related to your selected topic sub-section (this can be from one of the 4 above or from elsewhere). The image should be uploaded (with all the required information: description, reference, copyright and student template) and pasted onto the project page sub-section and onto your own personal page.
- Lab 4 Assessment
- Identify an antibody against an adhesion junction protein that is commercially available.
- Add a link to the original data sheet page and identify the type of adhesion junction.
- Include the following information: type of antibody (polyclonal, monoclonal), species raised in, species reacts against, types of application uses, and if available any reference using that antibody.
- Lab 5 Assessment
- Complete the in-class assessment item on knock-out techniques. Hand in to practical class coordinator with name and student number.
- Lab 6 Assessment
- Complete the in-class analysis of cell morphologies.
- Lab 7 Assessment
- Complete the microscopy lab worksheet questions.
- Lab 8 Assessment
- Peer assessment of group project work.
- Lab 11 Assessment
- Complete the microarray lab worksheet questions.
2013 Course Content
Lectures: Cell Biology Introduction | Cells Eukaryotes and Prokaryotes | Cell Membranes and Compartments | Cell Nucleus | Cell Export - Exocytosis | Cell Import - Endocytosis | Cell Mitochondria | Cell Junctions | Cytoskeleton Introduction | Cytoskeleton - Intermediate Filaments | Cytoskeleton - Microfilaments | Cytoskeleton - Microtubules | Extracellular Matrix 1 | Extracellular Matrix 2 | Cell Cycle | Cell Division | Cell Death 1 | Cell Death 2 | Signal 1 | Signal 2 | Stem Cells 1 | Stem Cells 2 | 2013 Revision | Development
Laboratories: Introduction to Lab | Microscopy Methods | Preparation/Fixation | Immunochemistry | Cell Knockout Methods | Cytoskeleton Exercise | Confocal Microscopy | Tissue Culture | Stem Cells Lab | Microarray Visit | Lab
Dr Mark Hill 2015, UNSW Cell Biology - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G