This revision lecture will be an opportunity for students to revise content from the course and cover any issues from the lecture material that is not clear. Please note there are no past exam papers available for this course.
There will be three parts to the course assessment.
- Independent Learning - Assessment throughout semester. 20%
- Group Project – An online project. 20%
- Theory - A written test held during the examination period. 60%
The theory exam is a 2 hour short answer essay format, assessing student understanding and comprehension of cell biology. Questions are based on lecture material and supporting laboratory content.
Theory Exam Structure
- TIME ALLOWED - 2 hours
- READING TIME – 10 minutes
- TOTAL NUMBER OF QUESTIONS – 10
- TOTAL MARKS AVAILABLE – 60
- ALL QUESTIONS ARE OF EQUAL VALUE
- ANSWER 6 QUESTIONS ONLY
- ANSWER EACH PART IN SEPARATE BOOKS
- ALL ANSWERS MUST BE WRITTEN IN INK. EXCEPT WHERE THEY ARE EXPRESSLY REQUIRED FOR, PENCILS MAY BE USED ONLY FOR DRAWING, SKETCHING OR GRAPHICAL WORK
- PRINT YOUR STUDENT NUMBER AND NAME ON TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER AND SIGN
- THE PAPER MAY NOT BE RETAINED BY CANDIDATE
Examination period: Friday 14 June to Monday 1 July
ANAT3231 Theory Exam: Saturday 15 June
Supplementary exams (SoMS): week commencing Monday 8th July, 2013.
Please Note - myUNSW will have a scheduled outage period on the weekend of the 22-23 June 2013. Print your exam timetable before the scheduled outage period.
2013 Course Content
Lectures: Cell Biology Introduction | Cells Eukaryotes and Prokaryotes | Cell Membranes and Compartments | Cell Nucleus | Cell Export - Exocytosis | Cell Import - Endocytosis | Cell Mitochondria | Cell Junctions | Cytoskeleton Introduction | Cytoskeleton - Intermediate Filaments | Cytoskeleton - Microfilaments | Cytoskeleton - Microtubules | Extracellular Matrix 1 | Extracellular Matrix 2 | Cell Cycle | Cell Division | Cell Death 1 | Cell Death 2 | Signal 1 | Signal 2 | Stem Cells 1 | Stem Cells 2 | 2013 Revision | Development
Laboratories: Introduction to Lab | Microscopy Methods | Preparation/Fixation | Immunochemistry | Cell Knockout Methods | Cytoskeleton Exercise | Confocal Microscopy | Tissue Culture | Stem Cells Lab | Microarray Visit | Lab
Dr Mark Hill 2015, UNSW Cell Biology - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G