1. What are the key cell biology journals?
The Journal of Cell Biology, BMC Cell Biology, Public Library of Sciences Journals, Nature Journals, Trends in Cell Biology, Current Opinion in Cell Biology, Cell, Journal of Cell Science, Molecular Biology of the Cell, and Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences Journals.
2. Which journal allows reuse of their published content?
BMC Cell Biology, The Public Library of Science Journals, and The Journal of Cell Biology allow reuse of their published content.
1. Which chromosomes contribute to the nucleolus?
Chromosomes 13, 14, 15, 21, and 22
2. Identify and add a link to your page of a recent cell biology article using confocal microscopy from the Pubmed database.
1. Find the SDS information for Chloroform and identify the hazards associated with this chemical.
- Harmful if swallowed
- Irritant to the skin.
- May have a carcinogenic effect
- Prolonged exposure by inhalation or swallowing will have serious health effects.
Sub-cellular detail of a rabbit serum.
Copyright: © 1983 Stuart et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
1. Identify a commercial supplier of an antibody that relates to your group project topic.
2. In mitochondria, where is the gene located that encode Cytochrome C and what keeps this protein trapped within the mitochondria?
Cytochrome c is encoded by the CYCS gene located on chromosome 7. This gene encodes a small heme protein that functions as a central component of the electron transport chain in mitochondria.
It is kept within the mitochondria due to its attachment to the membrane by the protein cardiolipin and is only released to the cytosol when apoptosis begins, this release is regulated by Bcl-2 family proteins.
- AE Stuart, A Warford Staining of human splenic sinusoids and demonstration of unusual banded structures by monoclonal antisera. J Clin Pathol.: 1983, 36:1176-1180