Template:2017 Project discussion
Group Assessment Criteria
- The key points relating to the topic that your group allocated are clearly described.
- The choice of content, headings and sub-headings, diagrams, tables, graphs show a good understanding of the topic area.
- Content is correctly cited and referenced.
- The wiki has an element of teaching at a peer level using the student's own innovative diagrams, tables or figures and/or using interesting examples or explanations.
- Evidence of significant research relating to basic and applied sciences that goes beyond the formal teaching activities.
- Relates the topic and content of the Wiki entry to learning aims of cell biology.
- Clearly reflects on editing/feedback from group peers and articulates how the Wiki could be improved (or not) based on peer comments/feedback. Demonstrates an ability to review own work when criticised in an open edited wiki format. Reflects on what was learned from the process of editing a peer's wiki.
- Evaluates own performance and that of group peers to give a rounded summary of this wiki process in terms of group effort and achievement.
- The content of the wiki should demonstrate to the reader that your group has researched adequately on this topic and covered the key areas necessary to inform your peers in their learning.
- Develops and edits the wiki entries in accordance with the above guidelines.
|Cells of the Pancreas|
|The Endocrine Pancreas||The Exocrine Pancreas|
|(pancreatic islets or islets of Langerhans)|
|Examples of Database searches|
|Database||Example search||Wiki code (note - copy text when in Read mode)|
|Pubmed (all databases)||pancreas||[http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/gquery?term=pancreas ''pancreas'']|
|Pubmed||5 most recent references||<pubmed limit=5>pancreas</pubmed>|
|Pubmed Central||pancreas||[http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=pancreas ''pancreas'']|
|Pubmed Central (images)||pancreas||[http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=pancreas&report=imagesdocsum ''pancreas'']|
|PLoS (Public Library of Science)||pancreas||[https://www.plos.org/?s=pancreas&submit=Go ''pancreas'']|
|BioMed Central||pancreas||[http://www.biomedcentral.com/search/results?terms=pancreas ''pancreas'']|
|BMC Cell Biology||pancreas||[http://www.biomedcentral.com/bmccellbiol/search/results?terms=pancreas ''pancreas'']|
|BMC Developmental Biology||pancreas||[http://www.biomedcentral.com/bmcdevbiol/search/results?terms=pancreas ''pancreas'']|
|Biology Open (BiO)||pancreas||[http://bio.biologists.org/search?submit=yes&titleabstract=pancreas&andorexacttitleabs=and&fulltext=&submit=yes&submit=Submit ''pancreas'']|
|About Journal Searches|
|The following general information is about the above online databases and journals.
External Links Notice - The dynamic nature of the internet may mean that some of these listed links may no longer function. If the link no longer works search the web with the link text or name.