Talk:ANAT3231 Projects 2011
--Mark Hill 03:33, 13 April 2011 (EST) Week 6 - Group 4 can see contributions from User:Z3288729 and User:Z3289066. Need to find out what other group members (User:z3252635 | User:z3217345) are doing.
--Mark Hill 17:23, 30 March 2011 (EST) Week 3 - Groups 1 to 4 have not commenced adding work to discussion pages. Group 5 and 6 have work on the discussion page and have some sub-headings organised but only 2 students in each group contributing to date (Group 5 - Z3218657 and Z3292208 ; Group 6 - Z3255968 and Z3265772).
--Mark Hill 19:33, 24 March 2011 (EST) Week 1 and 2 - Tutorials in online work, page editing, Journal information, copyright information and image uploading. Group 5 had also selected "Tunneling nanotubes" and I suggested that this topic may be difficult to research.
2011 Project Groups
- I will allow all groups to change their topic (if all members agree) until next week's lab 4.
- You can contact your other group members directly using the UNSW student zMail.
- I have updated the Image tutorial - Adding an image page to provide more step-by step details on uploading images.
- Here is a table showing all newly uploaded images.
- If you want to be notified when group members make changes, you will need to change your preferences Preferences Tutorial.
Referencing Extension Problem
--Mark Hill 13:16, 3 May 2011 (EST) As mentioned in the lecture, I am aware of the referencing extension problem on your project pages. I have the following temporary solution, of removing the extension, so that groups can continue to add content to their project pages. I am also giving everyone a 1 week extension before the peer assessment.
This should only be done if your project page is not allowing you to save changes!
A. The Easy Way....
The following 4 steps can be done on the webpage or select all content in edit mode, copy and paste into a text editor. All steps must be completed before you attempt to save.
- In page edit mode, find all <pubmed> reference tags.
- Replace this tag with [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/
- Now find all </pubmed> reference tags.
- Replace this second tag with ]
This will generate a numbered reference list that we can later fix up.
B. The Better Looking Result....
Whatever is between the <ref> </ref></pubmed> tags is what will appear in your reference list, so you can format the reference and link to appear in your reference list.
A red link below means content yet to be added.
|Week||Date (Monday)|| Laboratory Thursday 9 - 11 am
Wallace Wurth 106
|1||07 Mar||Introduction to Lab|| |
|2||14 Mar||Microscopy Methods||Online Basic Editing Tutorial|
|3||21 Mar||Preparation/Fixation||Selecting Group Topic/Image Tutorial|
|4||28 Mar||Immunochemistry||Reviews and Research articles new/old|
|5||04 Apr||Cell Knockout Methods|
|6||11 Apr||Cytoskeleton Exercise|
|7||18 Apr||Confocal Microscopy|
||25 Apr - 01 May||Mid-semester break|
|8||02 May||Tissue Culture 1|
|9||09 May||Microarray Visit||Peer Assessment|
|10||16 May||Tissue Culture 2||Assessment Edits|
|11||23 May||Stem Cells Lab|
|12||30 May||Stem Cells Analysis|
||06 Jun||Study Week|
||13 Jun - 25 Jun||Examination Period|
||11 Jul - 15 Jul||Supplementary Examination Period|
- Good Friday Friday 22 April
- Anzac Day Monday 25 April
- Easter Monday Tuesday 26 April (substitute holiday)
- Queen's Birthday Monday 13 June