Dengue_virus.jpg (300 × 382 pixels, file size: 15 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
- An electron micrograph image of mature Dengue-2 virus particles replicating in five-day-old tissue culture cells.
- The original magnification was 123,000 times.
- As many as 100 million people are infected yearly.
- Dengue is caused by any one of four related viruses transmitted by mosquitoes.
- There are not yet any vaccines to prevent infection with dengue virus (DENV) and the most effective protective measures are those that avoid mosquito bites.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||09:05, 6 May 2009||300 × 382 (15 KB)||S8600021||Dengue virus electron micrograph image of mature Dengue-2 virus particles replicating in five-day-old tissue culture cells. The original magnification is 123,000 times. http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/dengue/electron-micrograph.htm Source: CDC, USA htt|
- You cannot overwrite this file.