Cell Biology Laboratory
Currently only a Draft Page.
PC1 and PC2 tissue culture facilities with access to high resolution imaging and mass spec analysis.
- PC1 Lab | G20G22 Induction Supporting Document | BioHood Booking
- PC2 OGTR Lab | OGTR Lab G29 Induction Supporting Document | BioHood Booking
- Biomedical Imaging Facility
- Bioanalytical Mass Spectrometry Facility
- Biological Resource Imaging Laboratory
- Links: OGTR | Gene Technology Amendment Regulations 2011 | OGTR Guidelines | Guidelines for the Transport, Storage and Disposal of (GMOs 2011)
Guidelines for the Transport, Storage and Disposal of GMOs
With effect on and from 1 September 2011, the Gene Technology Regulator (the Regulator) has issued a new guideline, Guidelines for the Transport, Storage and Disposal of GMOs (Version 1.1).
Lab Health & Safety
- The main object of the new Work Health and Safety Act 2011 is to provide for a balanced and nationally consistent framework to secure the health and safety of workers and workplaces.
- All lab staff and students should be inducted and reviewed prior to all new lab methods. The key documents include Safe Work Procedures (SWPs), Risk Assessments (RAs) and the lab Chemical Register. SWPs and RAs need to be signed off for lab records of staff/student competence.
- Biological Safety Cabinet Class II
- SoMS OHS 027 Tissue culture waste procedure
- Biological Spills
- Safe Use of a CO2 Incubator
- Liquid Nitrogen Dewars and General Liquid Nitrogen Safety
- Basic operating procedures for the high-speed Floor-mounted and Low speed bench top centrifuges
- Working with Electrical Equipment
- Protocol for Chemical Waste Store LG41
- Transporting gas cylinder wallace wurth
- Safe Work Procedure - Transport of Dangerous Goods in Wallace Wurth Goods Lift