ANAT3231 Projects 2013
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Projects
- 3 Group Assessment Criteria
- 4 Lab 8 Individual Assessment
- 5 Project Edits
- 6 Previous Projects
- 7 2013 Course Content
This is information on the Cell Biology group project topics available for student project work commencing 2013. Group and Individual project work will also be linked from the 2013 student page. To begin working on your online project Editing Basics describes simple editing. Both these links are on every page left side navigation menu.
This year's main topic is Cell Division.
- Each group should discuss with group members the specific sub-topic that will be covered by their project.
- Lecture - Cell Division
- Group 1 - Regulation of Cell Division Z3240911 | Z3331321 | Z3465159 | Z3451879
- Group 2 - Cytokinesis Z3293267 | Z3331469 | Z3292743 | Z3374087
- Group 3 - Golgi Apparatus Z3324681 | Z3420150 | Z3374507 | Z3330409
- Group 4 - Spindle Apparatus Z3370664 | Z3374392 | Z3376548 | Z3369112
- Group 5 - Nuclear Envelope Z3377769 | Z3331556 | Z3376100 | Z3376101
- Group 6 - Anaphase Z3371084 | Z3330795 | Z3375878 | Z3292017
- Group 7 - Mitochondria Z3334286 | Z3359076 | Z3374173 | Z3223095
- Group Test
Group Assessment Criteria
- The key points relating to the topic that your group allocated are clearly described.
- The choice of content, headings and sub-headings, diagrams, tables, graphs show a good understanding of the topic area.
- Content is correctly cited and referenced.
- The wiki has an element of teaching at a peer level using the student's own innovative diagrams, tables or figures and/or using interesting examples or explanations.
- Evidence of significant research relating to basic and applied sciences that goes beyond the formal teaching activities.
- Relates the topic and content of the Wiki entry to learning aims of cell biology.
- Clearly reflects on editing/feedback from group peers and articulates how the Wiki could be improved (or not) based on peer comments/feedback. Demonstrates an ability to review own work when criticised in an open edited wiki format. Reflects on what was learned from the process of editing a peer's wiki.
- Evaluates own performance and that of group peers to give a rounded summary of this wiki process in terms of group effort and achievement.
- The content of the wiki should demonstrate to the reader that your group has researched adequately on this topic and covered the key areas necessary to inform your peers in their learning.
- Develops and edits the wiki entries in accordance with the above guidelines.
Lab 8 Individual Assessment
Peer assessment of group project work.
- Each student will carry out an assessment of all Group projects other than their own.
- This written assessment should then be pasted on the actual project discussion page and your own individual student page.
- The peer assessment for each project should be concise and include both positive and negative critical analysis of the current project status.
- The actual assessment criteria (shown above) can be used if you like.
- Each student assessment should be your own work and be completed before the next Lab.
Groups by Student
2012 Projects - Signaling
2011 Projects - Junctions
2010 Projects - Techniques
Fluorescent-PCR | RNA Interference | Immunohistochemistry | Cell Culture | Electron Microsopy | Confocal Microscopy | Monoclonal Antibodies | Microarray | Fluorescent Proteins | Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer
2009 Projects - Various Topics
2013 Course Content
Lectures: Cell Biology Introduction | Cells Eukaryotes and Prokaryotes | Cell Membranes and Compartments | Cell Nucleus | Cell Export - Exocytosis | Cell Import - Endocytosis | Cell Mitochondria | Cell Junctions | Cytoskeleton Introduction | Cytoskeleton - Intermediate Filaments | Cytoskeleton - Microfilaments | Cytoskeleton - Microtubules | Extracellular Matrix 1 | Extracellular Matrix 2 | Cell Cycle | Cell Division | Cell Death 1 | Cell Death 2 | Signal 1 | Signal 2 | Stem Cells 1 | Stem Cells 2 | 2013 Revision | Development
Laboratories: Introduction to Lab | Microscopy Methods | Preparation/Fixation | Immunochemistry | Cell Knockout Methods | Cytoskeleton Exercise | Confocal Microscopy | Tissue Culture | Stem Cells Lab | Microarray Visit | Lab
Dr Mark Hill 2015, UNSW Cell Biology - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G