ANAT3231 Projects 2011
This is information on the Cell Biology group project topics available for student project work commencing 2011. Group and Individual project work will also be linked from the 2011 student page. To begin working on your online project Editing Basics describes simple editing. Both these links are on every page left side navigation menu.
Group Assessment Criteria
- The key points relating to the topic that your group was allocated are clearly described.
- The choice of content, headings and sub-headings, diagrams, tables, graphs show a good understanding of the topic area.
- Content is correctly cited and referenced.
- The wiki has an element of teaching at a peer level using the student’s own innovative diagrams, tables or figures and/or using interesting examples or explanations.
- Evidence of significant research relating to basic and applied sciences that goes beyond the formal teaching activities.
- Relates the topics and content of the Wiki entry to learning aims of cell biology.
- Clearly reflects on editing/feedback from group peers and articulates how the Wiki could be improved (or not) based on peer comments/feedback. Demonstrates an ability to review own work when criticised in an open edited wiki format. Reflects on what was learned from the process of editing a peer’s wiki.
- Evaluates own performance and that of group peers to give a rounded summary of this wiki process in terms of group effort and achievement.
- The content of the wiki should demonstrate to the reader that your group has researched adequately on this topic and covered the key areas necessary to inform your peers in their learning.
- Develops and edits the wiki entries in accordance with this sites wiki guidelines.
Group 1 - Synaptic Junctions
Group 2 - Gap Junctions
Group 3 - Tight Junctions
Group 4 - Desmosomes
Group 5 - Adherens Junctions
Group 6 - Neuromuscular Junction
Subject to change.
|Week||Date (Monday)|| Laboratory Thursday 9 - 11 am
Wallace Wurth 106
|1||07 Mar||Introduction to Lab|| |
|2||14 Mar||Microscopy Methods||Online Basic Editing Tutorial|
|3||21 Mar||Preparation/Fixation||Selecting Group Topic/Image Tutorial|
|4||28 Mar||Immunochemistry||Reviews and Research articles new/old|
|5||04 Apr||Cell Knockout Methods|
|6||11 Apr||Cytoskeleton Exercise|
|7||18 Apr||Confocal Microscopy|
||25 Apr - 01 May||Mid-semester break|
|8||02 May||Tissue Culture 1||Peer Assessment|
|9||09 May||Microarray Visit||Assessment Edits|
|10||16 May||Tissue Culture 2|
|11||23 May||Stem Cells Lab|
|12||30 May||Stem Cells Analysis|
||06 Jun||Study Week|
||13 Jun - 25 Jun||Examination Period|
||11 Jul - 15 Jul||Supplementary Examination Period|
Previous Group Projects
Fluorescent-PCR | RNA Interference | Immunohistochemistry | Cell Culture | Electron Microsopy | Confocal Microscopy | Monoclonal Antibodies | Microarray | Fluorescent Proteins | Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer